Volunteers are vital to us to support and sustain our services. They help to provide additional holistic support and opportunities to assist each person in fulfilling an independent and satisfying lifestyle.
We are immensely grateful to all those who currently volunteer.
What support can you expect from us?
- Regular briefings with managers and staff
- One to one meetings with managers
- Mandatory training - manual handling, fire safety, professional boundaries, safeguarding, health and safety
What skills and attributes are we looking for?
- Being open-minded and non-judgemental
- Knowledge of needs and rights of vulnerable people in relation to the service they receive
- Be able to demonstrate empathy with and genuine commitment to the value and goals of SJOG
- Ability to communicate ideas and information in a readily understood manner, both writing and verbally
- Have a good manner when talking to people both on the phone and face to face